MCXI Candle Care
MCXI Candle Care
- When lighting for the first time, burn until wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of the vessel (this prevents tunneling and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s "life"). This may take up to 2-4 hours.
- Trim wick to ¼ of an inch before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame, and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Trim the candle wick after each burn. This is very important to prevent the candles from smoking on the next burn or from burning the sides of the glass. We recommend trimming them to 1/4th to 1/8th of an inch each time. Invest in a good pair of wick trimmers that will cut and remove the excess wick cleanly.
- If soot ever forms on the inside of the vessel, extinguish the candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim the wick and relight.
- Please keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- To maximize scent throw, burn-in desired space for 30 mins with the door closed. Open windows and doors will disperse scent.
- Always store your candles in a cool, dark, and dry place. Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting.
- Remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water.
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Always leave at least ½ inch of non-molten wax at the bottom.
- Always burn candle within sight